It is not advisable to spend a hundred bucks on an ice cooler where you can find a much similar one at a far lesser price. This is what made us search for the best alternatives to YETI Coolers. We went through all the threads on Reddit and Google to compile our list, compared their features and performance, and finally were able to develop a list of top five most promising YETI Cooler alternatives that will not only save your money but will also serve a great deal of performance.
List of Top 5 Yeti Alternatives
There have been dozens and dozens of YETI imitations in years past, but the brands that we’ve picked here have proven time and time again to hold up just as well in terms of performance, quality, durability, and ice retention.
#1 RTIC Coolers (Rated as the Best Alternative to Yeti)
If you are looking for an exact Yeti look alike but with affordable price, there cannot be anything better than RTIC. For the fact that these coolers offer more or less the same features, RTIC Coolers have, without a doubt, become YETI’s biggest rival in terms of lost sales. Also, since their launch, RTIC has never shied away from calling out their rival YETI in their marketing campaigns. And hence, have developed massive customer support among those who love it outdoors. With the qualities, features, and difference in pricing, RTIC definitely deserves a try.
- Highest quality in the affordable price bracket.
- Roto-moulded construction with heavy-duty T-latches and a freezer-grade make a perfect team to serve all your requirements.
- The insulation material used in the walls will keep your things ice-cooled for days.
- Cool lift design without sweat exterior and fail hinges has moulded side handles to tie down your cooler at its place.
- Though RTIC offers reasonable prices, the material used is no way better than that of YETI
- Its surface gets scratches outside the cooler soon after a few uses.
- Some customers complained about some residual plastic dust on its handles.
#2 Cordova Coolers (Rated as the Best Value Cooler)
In the world of outdoor coolers, Cordova is considered as the synonym of durability. While other coolers might get close to YETI for their design and looks, Cordova stands out for its unique features. It is one of a few reliable coolers that are 100% manufactured in the USA and still does not exceed the affordable price range. Cordova comes in 4 sizes, so you can choose from them according to your need and price per quart. If compared, they can even overpower YETI in this regard.
- Eco Foam, a Cordova Cooler exclusive insulation, retains ice better (5 days).
- Its patented lid-locking system keeps your fingers and safe from premature closure.
- The aluminium moulded handles equipped in Cordova coolers last longer than plastic handles or ropes in other coolers.
- Lastly, their grommet system with the revolutionary gasket keeps the airtight system.
- There is some issue with spacing in the cooler, and if you buy the extra divider and basket, they won’t both fit if used at the same time.
#3 PELICAN Coolers (Rated as the Best Quality Cooler)
Pelican is another well-known brand in the cooler space. Unlike other cooler brands, it doesn’t attempt to compete with YETI in terms of pricing and looks. Instead, it has put all its efforts into the production of superior build quality. If you only compare it with YETI in terms of ice retention, you will actually find Pelican coolers superior to YETI under the same given conditions. Specially designed for hardcore outdoor people, Pelican is the most durable and best-performing cooler in the market. Perhaps this is the reason all of their coolers come with a lifetime warranty.
- Equips a freezer-grade gasket for more extended ice detention and food preservation.
- Promises a whopping 7 to 10 days of ice retention ability
- It is considered as the most durable and versatile cooler for hardcore outdoor lovers.
- The only criticism of the cooler is about the handles. Because of them, the cooler takes up a LOT of space
#4 GRIZZLY Coolers (Rated as the Best Capacity Cooler)
Grizzly coolers are much known for the extra space and capacity they offer. One could fill up Grizzly cooler and forget about going back to the camp for days. Also, they have been around for a long-time offering products that are much cheaper than Yeti. However, they have never compromised on their quality, as they claim their coolers are 100% durable. It would help if you believed it because all of their products come with a lifetime guarantee. With an extensive range of coolers & some YETI lookalikes, Grizzly has your best cooler with them.
- Grizzly coolers are made from rotationally-moulded LLDPE plastic and are designed to achieve even wall thicknesses for optimal durability.
- All hard-sided coolers are pressure injected with up to two inches of Ecomate polyurethane foam for optimal cooling.
- Their lids seals are covered with a rubber gasket to keep cold air trapped extending the longevity of your ice.
- Some customers had reservations about the Lid material used in these coolers.
#5 ORCA Coolers (Rated as the most Durable Coolers)
The best introduction of the durability of Orca coolers is that they are made in the USA, which alone is something that will stop you from considering opting for an Orca instead of a Yeti. Known for their cooling abilities and extra durability, Orca Coolers are one of those brands that don’t necessarily market themselves as being cheaper than YETI. However, tons of people have said that they are considerably better than YETI strictly in terms of quality and performance.
- Durable roto-moulded construction.
- More extended ice retention capacity (2-8 days).
- Wide variety of attractive colours to choose from.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Slightly Expensive than others in the list.
- No wheeled cooler is available in this brand.
YETI is no doubt the best cooler brand in the market, but many of us cannot justify paying $300 for the Yeti Tundra 35. What makes this claim even more robust is the fact that there are other brands available in the market which are far cheaper than this luxury-brand, and in some cases also offer better facilities than YETI. In the article above, we have created such a list of most promising alternatives to YETI Coolers that are either better than this or offer some serious competition to it.